Like this building on Facebook
|Tuntex 85 Sky Tower|
|1 Zhi-Chiang Road, Section 3|
| - mixed use|
| - communication|
| - hotel|
| - observation|
| - office|
| - parking garage|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - hole|
| - pole|
| - pagoda style|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Top floor||1119 ft|
• Architects: C Y Lee and Partners, Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum.
• Owner: Tuntex Group (Chien-Tai).
• Constructors: CEC & Tao, Williams & Associates, Cermak Peterka Petersen (CPP) Inc., Continental Engineering Corp., Evergreen Consulting Engineering Inc., Heitmann & Associates Inc., Lerch Bates Inc., Mitsubishi Elevator and Escalator, Tuntex Group, Turner Construction Company, TYL international, Van Sickle, Allen & Associates Inc.
• The Tuntex Skytower was Taiwan's tallest building from 1997 until March 2003, when its title was overtaken by Taipei 101, but surpassed Grand 50 Tower-Chang-Gu World Trade Center in Kaohsiung and Shin Kong Life Tower in Taiwan.
• The building has seven main usages:
- Floors 1-7: Chien-Tai Daimaru Department Store.
- Floors 8-11: Chien-Tai Indoor Amusement Park.
- Floors 12-38: Offices/Residential Apartments.
(one in each leg of the tower)
- Floors 39-70: Grand Formosa Kaohsiung Hotel.
- Floor 75: Indoor observation floor.
- Floors 76-79: Palace Club (Private) Entertainment. Facilities: Disco (76F), Restaurants (77-78F), Spa/Sauna (79F).
- Floors 80-85: Communication Facilities/Equipment.
• The three express elevators that take visitors from the lobby to the 75th floor are among the fastest in the world, traveling at 750 meters per minute. This record has only been broken by those in Yokohama's Landmark Tower and Taipei 101.
• The building's shape is based on the Chinese character "Kao", meaning "tall".
• Highest hotels rooms in Taiwan ROC, and the 2nd highest hotels rooms in the world, after Jin Mao Tower in Shanghai.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.