Like this building on Facebook
|500 Griswold Street|
Detroit MI United States
| - office|
| - conference|
| - government|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - flag|
| - art deco|
| - streamline moderne|
| - limestone|
| - terra cotta|
| - brick|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Flagpole||632 ft||Building Manager|
|height to tip of flagpole|
|Roof||495 ft||Building Manager|
|height to penthouses (4.11m above roof)|
|South tower roof||433 ft||Building Manager|
|includes parapet + penthouse (2.94m above roof)|
|Main roof||401 ft||Building Manager|
|includes parapet (1.33m above roof)|
- Architect: Smith, Hinchman, & Grylls (SmithGroup)
- This is one of the finest examples of Art Deco architecture in the world.
- Dubbed a "Cathedral of Commerce" the building has two turrets towers on either end, and a nave-like connector. The theme is continued in the interior with a vaulted, cathedral-like banking hall on the ground floor.
- The building incorporates Native American motiffs on it's facade and the interior.
- A specially formulated brick, Guardian Brick, was used to clad this tower. It in turn is decorated with colored terra cotta, glazed ceramic tile, and different metals.
- A banquet hall/conference room lies on the 32nd floors of this building, and the boardroom lies on the 6th floor.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.