Like this building on Facebook
|2000 Las Vegas Boulevard|
Las Vegas NV United States
| - observation|
| - communication|
| - religious|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - ride|
| - tower|
| - highrise|
| - roller coaster|
| - vertical ride|
| - futurism|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|To the tip of the Big Shot|
|Also the deck of the Big Shot|
|High roller coaster||909 ft||LVStripHistory.com|
|The 12th Floor|
|10th floor||882 ft||LVStripHistory.com|
|Observation deck||873 ft|
|The 9th Floor|
|Observation floor||856 ft|
|The 9th Floor|
|Reasturant level||832 ft||LVStripHistory.com|
|The 8th Floor|
|Third fire command center||775 ft||LVStripHistory.com|
|Highest Fire Command|
• Architect: Paul Steelman Design Group.
• Developer: Bob Stupak.
• The Stratosphere Tower has the three highest thrill rides in the world:
1. The Big Shot thrill ride catapults riders from the 921-foot high platform up the Tower's mast to a height of 1,081 feet at 45 miles per hour.
2. At 866 feet, X Scream, Shaped like a giant teeter-totter, X Scream is an open vehicle that propels riders head-first, dangles them weightlessly above the Strip before pulling it's riders back and over again for more.
3. Stratosphere's newest ride, At 906 feet above the ground, Insanity the Ride includes an arm that extends out 64 feet away from the tower that spins passengers, up to three G's , the faster it goes, the higher the ride goes up to 70 degrees.
• The High Roller Coaster was the world's highest roller coaster. The ride is 909 feet above the ground and travels approximately 32 miles per hour. The ride was removed in late 2005 for a more exciting ride.
• The elevators whisk people 109 stories high at 1,800 feet per minute or 3 floors a second.
• The top levels of the tower include a wedding chapel, lounges, a restaurant, observation levels, and thrill rides.
• The mast atop the building is 228' in height, and includes a thrill ride known as the Big Shot.
• During construction, the tower was hit by lightning and caught fire atop the observation pod.
• Considered as a hazard to aviation by the FAA.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.