Like this building on Facebook
|Edifício Estado de Sergipe|
|Travessa Baltazar Góes, 83 - Centro|
Aracaju SE Brazil
| - office|
| - government|
| - retail|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Alvarez e Pontual
• The building was primarily developed for and houses many of the state offices for Sergipe, but also includes some federal government offices, and the Banco do Estado de Sergipe on the ground floor.
• It became the tallest building in the Northeast region of Brazil when completed, until being surpassed in 1973 by a 29-story building in the state of Bahia. However, it remains the tallest building in the municipality of Aracaju and in the state of Sergipe.
• Originally planned to have 12 stories and later 25, it was ultimately built with 28 floors.
• The building became commonly known as Maria Feliciana because of the person of the same name born in Sergipe, who was for a long time considered to be the tallest woman in the world.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.