Like this building on Facebook
|Palace of Culture and Science|
Pałac Kultury i Nauki
|Plac Defilad 1|
|Floor Area||123,084 m²|
| - office|
| - government|
| - museum|
| - observation|
| - retail|
| - theatre|
| - cinema|
| - highrise|
| - clock|
| - pole|
| - neo-classical|
| - wedding cake|
| - glass|
| - limestone|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|to tip of antenna|
|to top of roof/crown|
|Lower roof||550 ft||http://www.pkin.pl/historia/|
|to roof below highest roof|
|Top floor||525 ft|
|to top floor deck|
|Observation deck||374 ft||http://www.pkin.pl/|
|to 30th floor observation area|
- Architect: Lev Vladimirovich Rudnev
- 16 workers died during the construction of this tower.
- The skyscraper, when originally proposed, had no set usage, and five different sites were considered for the location.
- The structure was originally proposed at only 100 meters in height, but was raised to the final height of 230 meters after talks between the architects.
- Soon after it's opening the structure was closed to the public with only those with passes having entrance.
- A public observation deck is located on the 30th floor of the building.
- Rumored to have 5 underground floors, the structure has been confirmed to have 2 underground floors each being 5 meters in height.
- The structure contains the 2,800-seat Congress Hall theatre.
• Google Search
| || |
Drawing by Tresor
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.