|Edificio Ermelino Matarazzo|
|Viaduto do Chá 15|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
| - unknown|
| - garden|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - italianate|
| - neo-classical|
| - glass|
| - marble|
| - stucco|
| - concrete, reinforced|
• Architect: Marcello Piacentini.
• Ex-Owner: Conde Ermelino Matarazzo.
• Tenants: Banespa (Banco do Estado de São Paulo), Banco Santander & Prefeitura do Município de São Paulo.
• The italian architect connected to Mussolini had fascist influences.
• It was the Headquarters of Matarazzo Industries in the beginning.
• The building is famous for being situated in front of Viaduto do Chá, the famous bridge in Vale do Anhangabaú, with its garden and heliport on roof. At present more than 400 vegetable sorts: coffee, sugar-cane, medicinal herbs and up to a hose are cultivated in the suspended garden of the roof, seeing in whole Valley.
• For a short time after 25.01.2004, it is a City Hall complex changing from the palace at Av. do Estado in Parque Dom Pedro, Palácio das Indústrias, part of the celebrations 450th town's anniversary, because of its central area in bigger installations.
• By means of agreement done with the Banespa, the building was given up to the town hall for part of the negotiation debt of R$ 885 millions from extinct CMTC, Companhia Municipal de Transportes Coletivos (Municipal Company of Public transport) had with this bank, up to that time owner of the building. It was woken that the local authority would start to owe R$ 156 millions, to be paid in four years for new Banco Santander Banespa, who in counterentry gained the right of competing on the accounts of the public officials.
• It is important to say that the front of the building is done in Marble Roman travertine, and that it is simply the biggest front in Roman travertine of the world, with 25 thousand marble stones.
• Actually the main entrance of the building stays 4 upper floors the Valley base, the viaduct level, which has also a inner bridge entrance lower the main viaduct and secondary entrances at valley base.
• Google Search