Like this building on Facebook
|Edificio Vital Brasil|
|Rua Jaguaribe 451|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
| - unknown|
| - highrise|
| - atrium|
| - beaux arts|
| - renaissance revival|
| - baroque|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - stone|
| - marble|
| - granite|
| - brick|
| - concrete|
• Architects: Ramos de Azevedo and the Italians Claudio Rossi and Rossi Domiziano.
• The Municipal Theater of São Paulo was packed the dreams of a city that grew with the industry and the coffee and that nothing would be the major cultural centers in the world beginning of the century.
• São Paulo is strengthened by the end of the rubber and the ascension of his barons, but had just lost to a fire in 1898, the Teatro San Jose (Praça João Mendes), stage of its major artistic events.
• It became imperative to build a space at the height of large foreign companies.
• After approval in the House of Councilors, the project of the Secretary of the House, Cardim Gomes, started to become reality.
• After eight years of work, the Teatro Municipal was baptized by the opera Hamlet of Ambroise Thomas, before a crowd of 20 thousand people, which poke their doors. São Paulo is included, then the roadmap of the major international shows.
• The construction of the Teatro Municipal was considered daring for that time. He influence the Opera of Paris and its exterior architecture has features Renaissance Baroque of the seventeenth century. In its interior, many works of art: Statues, medallions, wall decor, crystal, neoclassical columns, stained glass, mosaics and marble provide a feast for the eyes of the viewer closer.
• Two major changes marked the restoration and renovation of the theater. The first, in 1951, with the architect Tito Raucht, created new floor to enlarge the dressing rooms, reduced the cabin and installed the organ G. Tamburini.
• The most recent, from 1986 to 1991, was operated by the Department of Cultural Heritage of the Municipal Department of Culture, restoring the building and implementing structures and more modern equipment.
• Today the Municipal Theater coordination of music and dance schools and seeks to develop increasingly the work of their bodies were: the Municipal Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra of Experimental Repertory, Ballet of the City of São Paulo, String Quartet of the City of São Paulo, Lyrical Coral and Coral Paulistano.
• A structure of almost 900 people, including technicians, artists and officials to ensure the house.
• At 97 years, with its art, its history and its scenes of dreams, this Municipal Theater and receive all of the doors open and play for city which meant that the inauguration on September 12, 1911.
• Photo Links:
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.