Like this building on Facebook
|Avenida Paulista, 2073 - Jardim Paulista|
Sao Paulo SP Brazil
|Floor Area||150,000 m²|
| - mixed use|
| - office|
| - residential|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - cinema|
| - fitness center|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - stone|
| - aluminium|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
- Architect: Studio David Libeskind
- Constructor: Warchavchik Neumann
- General Contractor: José Tjurs
- Area: 150000m2
- The building features a prominent rooftop sign and clock that read "Itaú" in reference to the Itaú Bank. The clock measures 17 meters in height, and 75 meters in width, and can be seen from 10 miles away. The clock gives both time and temperature readings.
- Before the current sign was constructed in 1975 for Itaú Bank, two other clocks occupied its space. The first clock was sponsored and maintained by Willy's, and then one by Ford Motor Company.
- After becoming rundown over the 1970's, the building was the victim of a fire in 1978 due to poor maintenance. The building was then bought by Savoy in 1984, and saw improvements.
- The building was completely restored and updated in 1998.
- This is considered the first major office block built on the Avenida Paulista. It's retail area in its base is considered one of the first shopping malls in Latin America.
- Composed of basic volumes, with a horizontal one, occupying any available area of the block, and a vertical tower divided in three continuing block, set back tower from the avenue, with 25 floors each one.
- Clock Itaú: Since 1976 works in the 'Avenida Paulista', on the top of the 'Conjunto Nacional', the bright clock Itaú, where in 1975 was installed after the during 16 years of work clock of the Willys between 1959 until 1975. Having been reformed in 1992, the current clock is constituted by an electronic complex of last generation, controlled by a computer that makes that mark of the hour and the temperature, legible to 15 km of distance. It has 2.400 m2, divided in three faces, and it is supported in a 230 ton weight steel structure.
- Revolutionary for the time, survived the first shopping center of the Latin America his days of glory in the 60's, when it attracted for the Person from Sao Paulo, the elegant commerce of the center of the city.
-The Restaurant Fasano in 1957 inaugurated the candy shop in a shop on the first floor of the Conjunto Nacional. In 1963, the restaurant was sold to Grupo Liquigás stablishing in Mezanino this building.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.