Like this building on Facebook
|525 Collins Street, 3000|
Melbourne VIC Australia
|Floor Area||147,000 m²|
| - office|
| - mechanical|
| - observation|
| - parking garage|
| - restaurant|
| - highrise|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Total height||907 ft||Official Website|
|Including the Basement Floors, The Whole Building, and the Antennas|
|Antenna||886 ft||World Federation of Great Towers|
|The Highest Point of the Antennas on the South Towers roof|
|The roof of the mechanical penthouse on the South Tower, not including the Antennas|
|Main roof||821 ft|
|The highest point of the South Tower not including the mechanical penthouse|
|60th floor||768 ft|
|Highest floor of the South Tower|
|North tower||607 ft|
|Floor 45 of the North Tower|
|40th floor||552 ft|
|The observation deck of the North Tower|
- Architect: Gerard de Pru and Partners
- Structural Engineer: W.L. Meinhardt and Partners Pty Ltd
- Consultant Architect: Dino Burratini of Sydney
Facts & Description:
• Total Cost: $300 Million
• The Rialto Towers have a total of 67 floors counting basement and mechanical floors. The first five floors are used for underground parking. The next three floors are used for the lobby and a cafe. The next 54 floors are used for office. Floor 58 is the Observation Deck and the rest are used for mechanical and other uses.
• There are 1254 stairs to the Observation Deck.
• The Rialto Towers was the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere 1985 - 2004, not counting spires. It is still the tallest office building by roof height in the Southern Hemisphere.
• Member of "World Federation of Great Towers".
• The 55th floor observation deck did not open until July 19, 1994.
• Google Search
|Gerard de Preu & Partners|| - ||Architect|| |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.