Like this building on Facebook
|Wells Fargo Center|
|100 North Main Street|
Winston-Salem NC United States
|Floor Area||55,742 m²|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - dome|
| - postmodern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - marble|
| - granite|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Cesar Pelli & Associates and Kendall/Heaton Associates Inc.
• Landscape Gardens: Diana Balmori, Cesar Pelli's wife.
• Tenant: American Financial Real Estate Trust since 2004, Wachovia Bank.
• Incorporations: Spectrum Properties, Lincoln Harris, H.J. Russell & Company.
• Constructors: Holder Construction Company, Balmori Associates, Forms + Surfaces, Classic Protective Coatings.
• Built as the tallest and unique granite domed skyscraper in the world. This was also the tallest building built in the United States in 1995, surpassing Winston Tower as Winston-Salem's tallest, and is also the tallest building in the Carolinas outside Charlotte.
• The rosebud dome is designed using the Moravian arch and has 856 granite panels. The dome encloses mechanical equipment and rises 56 feet. The lobby has marble mosaics for the Moravian Christmas Star.
• The building is sheathed with Olympia white granite from a single quarry in Sardinia, Italy.
• 296 fluorescent fixtures light the dome at night. It is also outlined in eight and a half inch wide, acrylic fiber-optic cables, with sixty watt bulbs at each end, along the sides. The setbacks on the ninth, twenty-first, twenty-sixth and twenty-eighth floors are lighted using sixty-four one-thousand watt incandescent spotlights. The lights require fifteen minutes to reach full brightness at the intended shade.
• Built as the headquarters for Wachovia National Bank; Wachovia was the 4th largest bank in the United States by assets. Wachovia merged with Wells Fargo and the building was officially renamed Wells Fargo Center on October 15, 2011.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.